Educational Technology Coordinator
Baruch College is hiring a coordinator to help administer Vocat, a homegrown tool that facilitates feedback on multimedia projects. The coordinator will work 20 hours/week to assist faculty and staff members on implementation and support. Vocat (http://vocat.io) allows faculty and students to upload video, audio, and photos directly into the web interface, and provides a rubric generator, in-line annotations, and threaded discussions for quantitative and qualitative assessment.
The Vocat Coordinator, working with the educational technology team at the Center for Teaching and Learning, will perform the following duties:
- Work with faculty to develop and implement new and innovative assignments using Vocat, as well as our campus-wide WordPress blogging platform.
- Support faculty in setting up new courses, creating custom rubrics and evaluating media assets in the Vocat system.
- Assist students in recording and uploading media, annotating their work, evaluating the work of their peers, and responding to instructor feedback.
- Regularly update and distribute documentation and tutorials for instructor and student users.
- Collect bug reports and feature requests to elevate to the developer for consideration.
- Create a showcase of unique uses and best practices of Vocat for the Center for Teaching and Learning website (ctl.baruch.cuny.edu).
Applicants should have experience working with educational technology tools, writing documentation and tutorials, and strong collaborative and communication skills. Bachelor’s degree required. Teaching experience preferred.
This is a paid College Assistant position for up to 20 hours per week through 6/30/2017. It is available beginning August 15, 2016, and renewable for the 2017-2018 academic year.
To Apply or Ask Questions:
Email a resume and cover letter to Craig.Stone@baruch.cuny.edu. Applications accepted until filled, please apply ASAP.
Center for Teaching and Learning: Technology Fellow
Baruch College’s Center for Teaching and Learning is hiring a Technology Fellow to work with faculty members on technology that supports teaching and learning both inside and outside of the classroom. Starting this summer and running through the Fall 2016 semester, the Technology Fellow would conduct a pilot program to develop a structure to support faculty using web-conferencing software in their courses.
The Technology Fellow, working with the educational technology team at the Center for Teaching and Learning, will perform the following duties:
- research and experiment with technology in support of teaching and learning, inside and outside of the classroom.
- assist faculty members and their classes in the initial setup and use of web-conferencing software, including WebEx and Blackboard Collaborate.
- work closely with BCTC to coordinate installation and troubleshooting of hardware and software.
- compile documentation of recommended web conferencing best practices for faculty and students.
In the Fall semester, an upcoming course in Virtual Teamwork will be used as a pilot to develop a sustainable model to support faculty in using web-conferencing in their classes in future semesters. Through involvement in all stages from planning to running the web-conferencing sessions in this course, the Technology Fellow will gain experience with a wide range of applications of these tools and be prepared to instruct faculty and students in their initial sessions, and in concert with BCTC to help troubleshoot issues that may arise throughout the semester.
Applicants should have experience working with educational technology tools, and strong collaborative and communication skills. Experience teaching, writing documentation and tutorials preferred. Enthusiasm to learn welcome!
The position requires being available during the “Virtual Teamwork” class sessions on Monday & Wednesday evenings from 5:507:05 pm throughout the Fall 2016 semester. This is a College Assistant position that will pay $15/hour for up to 10hrs/week through 12/21/16. It is available immediately and potentially renewable for the Spring 2017 semester.
To Apply or Ask Questions:
Email a CV and cover letter to: Tamara.Gubernat@Baruch.cuny.edu. Job open until filled. Apply ASAP.