All faculty and staff are welcome to discuss “Fostering Post-Election Constructive and Inclusive Dialogue in the Classroom.”
The purpose of the event is to gather as a community to informally share techniques and resources to foster constructive and inclusive classroom discussion in light of the divisive election. Some of the questions we may collectively discuss include:
- How do I prepare for the conversation?
- How do I start the conversation?
- How do I promote inclusivity? How do I respect bipartisanship?
- What if the discussion heads in an uncomfortable/angry direction?
- What are some ideas for different activities/lessons?
- What are resources and events at Baruch? at CUNY?
All faculty and staff are welcome to attend, either or all of the sessions. No RSVP necessary.
Date: Tuesday, November 15
Location: NVC 4-125
Date: Wednesday, November 16
Location: NVC 14-245